OpenMandriva Lx 4.3 RC released
The OpenMandriva Association has announced the release of OpenMandriva Lx 4.3 RC. This unscheduled release of OpenMandriva allows the users to enjoy a lot of features planned for the upcoming OMLx 5.0 release.
The main highlights in OpenMandriva Lx 4.3 RC release include the below.
- Linux kernel 5.12.4
- LLVM 12 – The main toolchain is updated to LLVM 12 and all of the packages are built with the same. This will slightly improve the performance.
- systemd-248.20210517, which should fix hostname resolution problems some people have observed in 4.2
- KDE Plasma desktop 5.21.5
- KDE Frameworks 5.82.0
- KDE Gear 21.04.1
- Qt 5.15.3 with all patches proposed by KDE
- Mesa 21.1.1
- FFMPEG to 4.4
- Fully integrated support for the new JPEG-XL picture file format. JPEG-XL is significantly more efficient than traditional JPEG, and also adds all major features of PNG (such as transparent images and support for lossless compression).
- Other updates in package repositories.